Federal Government of Nigeria Approves One Billion Scholarship Grant
The Federal Scholarship Board in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Education is offering 2019/2020 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award to Nigeria youths (citizens in diaspora inclusive) who wish to continue their Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate studies abroad. This Scholarship is available for Undergraduates, Masters and PhD studies in any of the under listed abroad University of your choice.
- Undergraduate Program: Engineering, Geology, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Medicine.
- Postgraduate Program: Masters Degree and PhD in all discipline
- Undergraduate Study: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, France, China, India, Singapore, Switzerland and Egypt.
- Postgraduate Study: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, China and India.
NOTE: Apply through the online portal.
The slot for Undergraduate Scholarship is unlimited. It is available for citizens in diaspora. However, any one that secures this scholarship slot must agree to go for the one year NYSC service scheme upon graduation from the undergraduate studies. Awardee who defaults from this obligation will not be able to secure postgraduate scholarship from this board. Again, such person will not be allowed to gain employment into any institution owned by Nigeria government.
- Applicants must have at least 5 credits (English inclusive) from WAEC (or its equivalence) in subjects relevant to their discipline.
- The O Level certificate must not be more than four (4) years from the day of application.
- Applicants must not combine/submit more than two O Level certificates.
- Applicants must not be less than 18 years old from the time of receiving this scholarship award.
The slot for postgraduate scholarship is limited to only 500 applicants this years. The above reason is to enable Nigeria government have an adequate control in ensuring that these citizens contribute positively to the development of Nigeria upon graduation. Awardee who returns to the country upon graduation will be given an automatic employment in his field of studies.
- Applicants must have completed and acquired a first degree certificate from a recognized tertiary institution in Nigeria or abroad.
- Applicants must have completed his/her NYSC and must submit a photocopy of his/her NYSC certificate.
- Applicants must not be more than 45 years old from the time of receiving this scholarship award.
- Free accommodation and tuition
- Research grants
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses and other necessary supplements
- The scholarship is equally open to Nigerians in diaspora.
- Applicants are not required to make any manual or on-line payments.
- Application and submission of required information and materials is online and free.
- Cl1ck the link below to apply now.