Coronavirus: 292 Nigerians evacuated from Saudi Arabia arrive Abuja
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, has announced that two-hundred and ninety-two Nigerians evacuated from Saudi Arabia due to the coronavirus pandemic have arrived Nigeria.
The Minister who disclosed this in a tweet via his Twitter account on Wednesday, said the evacuees were mostly women and children.
He said, “We received 292 evacuees stranded in Saudi Arabia yesterday.
“The Saudi Government transported them to Abuja.
“A large number are nursing mothers and children, and they are all comfortably settled in hotels under the mandatory 14 days quarantine.
“This will be the fourth batch of Nigerians to be evacuated from foreign countries.”
However, with this latest evacuation, 970 Nigerians have so far been evacuated from other countries due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Meanwhile, another batch of 160 Nigerians who were stranded in the United States following the coronavirus lockdown arrived the country on Sunday.