The Nigerian Air Drive (NAF) has launched its preliminary report on the demise of Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s first feminine fighter helicopter pilot.
PREMIUM TIMES reported the demise of Ms Arotile final week. She was killed in a automotive accident, based on an earlier assertion by the NAF.
There have been rumours that Ms Arotile was intentionally murdered and many Nigerians together with members of her household have known as for investigations.
The air drive, in its preliminary investigative report launched on Monday, mentioned such hearsay was false.
Ms Arotile was killed by her buddy who mistakenly hit her together with his automobile, the air drive wrote within the report whereas offering particulars of the incident.
“Upon recognising their schoolmate, Arotile, after passing her, Mr Adejoh, who was driving, reversed the automobile, ostensibly in an try to rapidly meet up with the deceased, who was strolling within the reverse route. Within the course of, the automobile struck Flying Officer Arotile from the rear, knocking her down with vital drive and inflicting her to hit her head on the pavement. The automobile then ran over elements of her physique because it veered off the street past the kerb and onto the pavement, inflicting her additional accidents,” air drive spokesperson, Ibikunle Daramola, mentioned in an announcement containing the report.
The air drive additionally mentioned it was handing over additional investigations to the police.
See the main points of the report under.
PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION REPORT ON THE DEATH OF FLYING OFFICER TOLULOPE AROTILE
1. On 14 July 2020, the Nigerian Air Drive (NAF), and certainly the whole Nation, was thrown into mourning on account of the demise of 1 of our shining younger stars within the individual of Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile, the NAF’s first feminine fight helicopter pilot.
Her unlucky demise has elicited an awesome outpouring of condolences, prayers and help to the NAF in addition to the Arotile Household. This has little question been so, not only for Tolulope’s excellent accomplishments on the tender age of 24, but additionally due to her sterling private qualities of excellence, arduous work, dedication to obligation, confidence and braveness, which endeared her to her superiors, subordinates and friends within the Service. Sadly, due to the peculiar circumstances of the incident that led to her demise, a rash of falsehoods, innuendos, conspiracy theories and the likes have been propagated within the public house, particularly on Social Media.
The NAF sincerely hopes that the findings of the just-concluded preliminary investigation into this unlucky and painful incident will deal with the misinformed points raised within the Social Media on the tragedy.
2. Furthermore, whereas it will have been perfect for your entire investigation to be concluded earlier than particulars on the incident are launched, the NAF, in sensitivity to public considerations occasioned by the unfold of false info, appreciates the crucial to offer extra readability at this very tough second. Please be aware that the main points being revealed in the present day have already been communicated to the Arotile Household, who ideally needs to be allowed to mourn their daughter and sister in peace, however for the unlucky nature of the unhappy incidence.
3. According to the traditional process within the Nigerian Air Drive throughout such occurrences, an investigation was instantly instituted to formally decide the circumstances of the incident. Accordingly, the preliminary investigation has revealed the next particulars: a. The Late Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile, a Squadron Pilot on the 405 Helicopter Fight Coaching Group (405 HCTG) Enugu, hooked up to the Air Part of Operation GAMA AIKI in Minna, having just lately accomplished her Promotion Examinations, was in Kaduna awaiting deployment for her subsequent task. Throughout this era, she stayed along with her sister, Mrs Damilola Adegboye, at Sabo Space in Kaduna, visiting the NAF Base at any time when mandatory.
b. On 14 July 2020 at about 10.55am, Late Flying Officer Arotile acquired a telephone name from her colleague, Flying Officer Perry Karimo, a fellow helicopter pilot from the 405 HCTG, who wished to debate preparations for his or her return to Enugu, requesting that she involves the Base in order that they may work out the modalities. Subsequently, at about 10.58am, the Late Arotile positioned a name by means of to Squadron Chief Diepiriye Batubo, the Group Operations Officer (GOO) of 405 HCTG, who was in Minna on the time, to make clear points relating to her deployment. It have to be highlighted that the decision FROM Flying Officer Karimo in addition to the one TO the Squadron Chief Batubo each occurred earlier than 11.00am, over 5 hours earlier than the incident which led to her demise.
c. Flying Officer Arotile was later conveyed from Sabo to the NAF Base Kaduna by her sister, Mrs Adegboye, the place the Deceased dropped her telephone for charging at a home within the Teacher Pilots’ Quarters belonging to Squadron Chief Alfa Ekele. Her elder sister later dropped her off on the Base Mammy Market at about 4.00pm, the place she proceeded to photocopy and laminate some paperwork. It was whereas she was returning from the Mammy Market at about 4.30 pm that Three of her former schoolmates on the Air Drive Secondary Faculty (now Air Drive Complete Faculty) Kaduna; Mr Nehemiah Adejoh, Mr Igbekele Folorunsho and Mr Festus Gbayegun, drove previous her in a Kia Sorento SUV, with Registration Quantity AZ 478 MKA.
It’s noteworthy that Messrs Adejoh, Folorunsho and Gbayegun are all civilians who dwell exterior NAF Base Kaduna, however had been on their strategy to go to one Mrs Chioma Ugwu, spouse of Squadron Chief Chukwuemeka Ugwu, who lives at Ekagbo Quarters on the Base.
d. Upon recognising their schoolmate, Arotile, after passing her, Mr Adejoh, who was driving, reversed the automobile, ostensibly in an try to rapidly meet up with the Deceased, who was strolling within the reverse route. Within the course of, the automobile struck Flying Officer Arotile from the rear, knocking her down with vital drive and inflicting her to hit her head on the pavement. The automobile then ran over elements of her physique because it veered off the street past the kerb and onto the pavement, inflicting her additional accidents.
e. Flying Officer Arotile was subsequently rushed to the 461 NAF Hospital Kaduna for therapy, whereas Mr Folorunsho (one of many occupants of the automobile) who can also be an Accident & Emergency Nurse on the St Gerard Catholic Hospital Kaduna, administered First Assist.
f. Flying Officer Arotile was confirmed useless by the On-Name Physician at the 461 NAF Hospital at about 4.45 pm on 14 July 2020, on account of the pinnacle accidents.
g. The trio of Messrs Nehemiah Adejoh, Igbekele Folorunsho and Festus Gbayegun had been instantly detained on the Air Provost Wing, 453 Base Providers Group Kaduna as investigations started. They had been subjected to Toxicology Exams on the 461 NAF Hospital however no traces of alcohol or psychotropic substances had been discovered of their programs. It was nevertheless found that the motive force of the automobile, Mr Nehemiah Adejo, didn’t have a sound driver’s license.
h. Visitors Officers from the Kawo Police Station and the Kaduna State Police Command, in addition to Highway Visitors specialists from the Federal Highway Security Corps, had been additionally known as in to offer help throughout the investigation.
4. Having rigorously thought of the foregoing, the preliminary investigation concluded that: a. The demise of Flying Officer Arotile was attributable to blunt drive trauma to the pinnacle and vital bleeding ensuing from being struck by the automobile.
b. Being a civil case, the matter can be handed over to the Nigeria Police with a view to additional investigating and charging the suspects to courtroom in accordance with extant legal guidelines.
5. The Nigerian Air Drive, being a extremely skilled and disciplined group, won’t be a part of points with any people or teams relating to the spurious allegations of ‘foul play’ espoused in some quarters. Suffice it to say that Flying Officer Arotile was a satisfaction of the NAF in whom the Service had invested massively by way of assets, time and power. Consequently, it’s ludicrous for anybody to even remotely insinuate malevolent intent on the a part of the Service towards one in every of its most prized belongings.
6. Moreover, this can be very unhappy and disheartening that, somewhat than permit the Arotile Household and the Nigerian Air Drive to grieve for our dearly departed Tolulope in peace, many have chosen to politicize her demise, whereas others are utilizing the incident to push meritless, misguided ethnic and spiritual agendas. The Nigerian Air Drive needs to implore everybody to respect the sensibilities of all those that have suffered most by this loss, those that actually knew Tolulope – her household, her associates and her Nigerian Air Drive colleagues. It’s of absolute significance that the reminiscence of this Fallen Hero and our treasured youngster is not tainted by the propagation of misplaced sentiments and wild shenanigans. Earlier than I finish this august deal with, could I respectfully, on behalf of the Chief of the Air Workers, your entire personnel of the NAF as properly as members of the Arotile Household, specific my profound appreciation to all those that in by hook or by crook have proven concern, help and sympathy over this unlucky incident.
Thanks to your consideration.
Director of Public Relations and Data
Nigerian Air Drive
Supply: PREMIUM TIMES