Ibrahim Magu, the Performing Chairman of the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC), was not launched yesterday after dealing with a panel set-up by President Muhammadu Buhari to probe actions of the fee.
Naija Information stories that the EFCC boss will proceed his grilling earlier than the Justice Ayo Salami-led panel immediately.
It was gathered that the Magu spent Monday night time on the Headquarters of the Nigeria Police Pressure (NPF) Abuja.
The EFCC boss left the Presidential Villa after the panel ended its sitting at 10:15 pm and was whisked in his official automobile to the Pressure Felony Investigation Division (FCID).
On the FCID round 10.50pm, Magu rejected a proposal to take him into an workplace to remain the night time, insisting that he ought to be stored in a cell as a suspect.
Sitting on a chair, he mentioned: “I gained’t go and sleep in any workplace, I desire to be in a cell. Kindly put me in a cell. That’s what Allah needs for me. I can’t query God.”
A supply advised Tha Nation that, “Within the mild of the continuing investigation, it turned expedient to detain Magu on the FCID. We don’t need him to return to the workplace whereas he’s being questioned, as a result of he’s prone to have one other session with the Justice Salami panel.”
Magu’s suspension imminent
It was additionally gathered that the performing EFCC chairman can be suspended from workplace, as plans to get a substitute was already underway.
“By not permitting him to return to his workplace was a sign that he may be suspended.
“It’s apparent that the Presidency has concluded plans to search for a brand new candidate for the workplace,” the supply mentioned.
A number of the allegations in opposition to him listed are:
- Alleged discrepancies within the reconciliation information of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
- Declaration of N539billion as recovered funds as a substitute of N504b earlier claimed
- Insubordination to the workplace of the AGF by not looking for his approval on some selections
- Not offering sufficient proof for the extradition of ex-Minister of Petroleum Assets, Diezani Alison-Madueke
- Alleged late motion on the investigation of Course of and Industrial Growth (P&ID) resulting in authorized dispute
- Not respecting courtroom order to unfreeze a N7billion judgment in favour of a former Govt Director of First Financial institution
- Alleged delay in performing on two vessels seized by Nigerian Navy resulting in the lack of crude
- Alleged favouring of some investigators referred to as Magu’s Boys
- Reporting some judges to their presiding officers with out deferring to the AGF
- Alleged gross sales of seized belongings to cronies, associates and buddies
- Alleged issuance of investigative actions to some media prejudicial to some circumstances.