Good morning! Right here is at present’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Nigerian authorities has ordered the Nationwide Youth Service Corps, NYSC, to start preparation for the reopening of its orientation camps throughout the nation.
Sani Aliyu, Nationwide Coordinator of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19, on Thursday, stated NYSC ought to guarantee measure to make sure security of in opposition to COVID-19 is put in place.
2. The Nigerian Authorities on Thursday adjusted the curfew to 12 midnight to 4 am.
Nationwide Coordinator of the Presidential Process Drive on COVID-19, Dr Sani Aliyu, who made this identified in Abuja through the job power’s press briefing, stated that bars and nightclubs will stay closed until additional discover.
3. The Enugu Electrical energy Distribution PLC (EEDC) has joined different Distribution Corporations throughout the nation within the implementation of the brand new service reflective tariff.
The implementation which was efficient Tuesday, September 1, 2020 is in compliance with the Order by the Nigerian Electrical energy Regulatory Fee (NERC) dated twenty seventh August, 2020.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has permitted the third section of the Nationwide Response on COVID-19 pandemic outbreak within the nation.
The Secretary to the Authorities of the Federation and chairman of the Presidential Process Drive (PTF), on COVID-19, Mr. Boss Mustapha, introduced the president’s approval through the PTF every day briefing on Thursday in Abuja.
5. The federal authorities on Thursday, made it clear that solely permitted airways will likely be allowed into Nigeria’s airspace, as worldwide flights resume September 5.
The Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, through the media briefing of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19, famous that solely the Nnamdi Azikiwe Worldwide Airport in Abuja and the Murtala Muhammed Worldwide Airport in Lagos, would reopen for worldwide travels.
6. The federal authorities has knowledgeable worldwide vacationers to acquire their COVID-19 outcomes earlier than flying in or out of Nigeria.
Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, who spoke on Thursday on the every day briefing of the Presidential Process Drive (PTF) on COVID-19 in Abuja, stated passengers should register on-line, pay for COVID-19 take a look at charge and add the unfavorable end result not older than 72 hours earlier than boarding.
7. The federal authorities says the Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF) and Petroleum Merchandise Pricing Regulatory Company (PPPRA) will likely be merged.
Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Sources, who stated this whereas briefing newsmen on Thursday, famous that the oil sector regulatory businesses will turn into one as contained within the new Petroleum Business Invoice (PIB).
8. There was a gentle drama on Thursday in Imo State following the emergence of two candidates in a senatorial primaries organised by All Progressives Congress, APC to elect a candidate to characterize the for the October 31 by-election for Imo North senatorial district.
In one of many primaries carried out by a faction of the APC, Frank Ibezim scored 13,637 votes to emerge Senatorial candidate, whereas in one other factional APC major, Senator Ifeanyi Ararume who polled 22,944 votes was declared winner of the competition by a member of the election panel, Umar Gana.
9. The governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, on Thursday expressed his assist for the hike in electrical energy tariff and gasoline pump worth.
Abiodun stated it was not doable to take pleasure in lower cost when the worth of crude oil is low and nonetheless count on to take pleasure in similar worth when the worth of crude goes up.
10. The Katsina State Police Command on Thursday paraded about 50 suspected bandits.
Sanusi Buba Sanusi, Commissioner of Police within the state, who spoke with journalists, stated 220 cows have been rescued through the second quarter of its ongoing onslaught in opposition to banditry, armed theft, cattle rustling and kidnapping.