Good morning! Right here is at the moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Boko Haram attacked a village in Chibok Native Authorities Space of Borno State on Sunday.
The insurgents stormed Takulashe village at about 9am and opened fireplace on civilians in sight.
2. Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State on Sunday dismissed claims that palliatives meant to cushion the impact of COVID-19 pandemic had been intentionally hoarded by State governors.
Akeredolu, who’s the Chairman of the Southwest Governors’ Discussion board disclosed that the insistence on official flag-off ceremony by the Coalition Towards Covid-19 earlier than the distribution was largely chargeable for the delay in distributing the gadgets to the individuals.
3. The Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Get together, PDP, on Sunday, known as for the resignation of the State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
Taofik Gani, the Publicity Secretary of the social gathering within the state, defined that the individuals of the state now not belief Sanwo-Olu, following using troopers towards peaceable Finish SARS protesters at Lekki toll gate within the state.
4. The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has threatened to impose contemporary restrictions on worship centres within the State.
Wike, on Sunday, expressed his displeasure at flagrant violation of COVID-19 laws by church buildings within the state.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday urged Nigerian youths to shun avenue protests and have interaction his authorities in significant discussions on police reforms.
Buhari mentioned Nigerian youths ought to interact his administration in discussions that will result in complete reforms to finish all types of police brutality towards.
6. The Nigerian Bar Affiliation, NBA, has faulted the Federal Authorities’s strikes to control social media.
The NBA President, who made the place recognized when he appeared on Channels Tv’s Sunday Politics, insisted that social media is regulated already, questioning if the federal government is planning to close it down utterly.
7. A 40-year-old jealous lover, recognized as Etifa Obukulubu, on Saturday in Igbogene space of Yenagoa Native Authorities Space, the Bayelsa State, allegedly set ablaze the house of his girlfriend over suspicion of dishonest.
The deceased, a pastor working with the New Baptist Church and a feminine assistant had been reportedly burnt to loss of life within the fireplace.
8. Troops of Operation Sahel, in a latest raid, neutralized a number of bandits within the Northeast, Nigeria.
In line with the Performing Director, Protection media operations, Brigadier- Basic Benerd Onyeuko, on the twenty ninth of October 2020, troops swiftly responded to a misery name about bandits’ actions at Diskuru village in Faskari Native Authorities Space of Katsina State.
9. There was pandemonium in Ogun State as armed males suspected to be cultists unleashed terror on the individuals of Ifo city within the early hours of Sunday.
It was gathered that the suspected cultists had been mentioned to have invaded the city, inflicting critical stress as residents and commuters fled for pricey lives.
10. The Nigerian Islamic human rights group, Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has condemned the assaults on Muslims in Igboland.
The group additional alleged that 11 Muslims had been killed throughout the #EndSARS protests in Port Harcourt and Orlu whereas the Orlu Central Mosque was utterly destroyed barely two weeks in the past.