Good morning! Right here is right now’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Nigeria, on Sunday, recorded one thousand, 4 hundred and forty-four (1444) new COVID-19 instances within the nation.
The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC), which confirmed the determine in a tweet through its Twitter deal with Sunday evening, mentioned the nation has now recorded 110, 387 COVID-19 instances and 1,435 deaths formally.
2. The Inspector-Normal of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has confirmed that bandits attacked officers in Kaduna State on Friday.
Drive Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, in an announcement on Sunday disclosed that the personnel had been connected to Police Cell Drive – 9 Squadron, Kano.
3. Former Audio system of the Home of Meeting in Ekiti and Ondo States have denied declaring help for the Bola Tinubu 2023 presidency.
5 ex-Ondo Audio system: Victor Olabimtan, Oluwasegun Bolarinwa, Ayo Agbomuserin, Abdusalam Olawale Taofeeq, Kenneth Olawale, and Patrick Ajigbolamu (Ekiti) in an announcement on Sunday, famous that Lagos Speaker, Obasa was at their assembly to solicit the help of the ex-speakers, as automated nationwide delegates, “for the aspiration of his mentor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu”.
4. Nigerian Military Chief, Tukur Buratai has hailed troops of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO for repelling Boko Haram/ISWAP assault on Friday.
Buratai mentioned the destruction of gun vehicles and decimation of plenty of the attackers was a great show of gallantry.
5. A complete of 17 individuals had been mentioned to have been kidnapped by armed bandits in three communities of Bassa/Kukoki wards in Shiroro native authorities space of Niger State.
They had been allegedly kidnapped on Saturday evening in Madagwa, Wongo and Marenje areas of the council.
6. The Socio-Financial Rights and Accountability Mission (SERAP) has urged the President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan and the Speaker, Home of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila to cease President Buhari from promoting public properties to fund the 2021 funds.
SERAP tasked the federal government to chop salaries and allowances of prime officers to handle the rising degree of deficit and borrowing, moderately than promote nationwide belongings.
7. Supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Nationwide Rescue Motion (NRM) in Gusau Native Authorities Space of Zamfara have defected to the Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP).
Chief of the defectors, on Sunday, Bello Jafaru defined that their resolution to affix PDP was a results of the current administration’s efforts in tackling insecurity within the State.
8. The Lagos State authorities has scheduled the second time period of the 2020/2021 educational session to run for 61 days for private and non-private faculties within the State.
In accordance with the Commissioner for Training, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo, this would be the begin of the second time period for 2020/2021 educational session. She additionally famous that that is in keeping with the Federal Authorities’s decision after reaching a consensus with related stakeholders.
9. A former Chairman, Oyo State Novice Boxing Affiliation, Mr. Akintunde Opaleye is lifeless.
Chairman, Sports activities Writers Affiliation of Nigeria (SWAN) in Oyo State, Mr. Adeniyi Alebiosu, who confirmed the event, mentioned Olaleye died on Sunday on the College Faculty Hospital (UCH), Ibadan.
10. A conflict between two rival cult teams has allegedly claimed 4 lives in Bakassi native authorities space of Cross River State.
Atabong, an eyewitness, mentioned although no specific cult group has been recognized, the assault was very fierce.