Good morning! Right here is right this moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Presidency, on Sunday mentioned the President, Main Normal Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), demonstrated “proper braveness” to take current choices that led to hike in gasoline value and electrical energy tariff amongst others.
The Senior Particular Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu mentioned such choices have been lengthy overdue however successive governments earlier than Buhari lacked braveness to take daring choices.
2. The Nigeria Military has moved to reassure residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, that they’re on crimson alert to fight crime.
An announcement from the Nigeria Military signed by Coordinator Defence Media Operations, John Enenche, on Sunday, mentioned: the Armed Forces of Nigeria working along with different safety and response companies significantly the core intelligence companies hereby guarantee most people that preventive and preemptive intelligence are ongoing.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari will Monday depart Nigeria for Niger Republic.
President Buhari will likely be touring to Niamey, Niger republic to take part within the 57th Unusual Session of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Authorities.
4. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has informed a Federal Excessive Courtroom in Abuja, that Adams Oshiomhole-led Nationwide Working Committee (NWC) was sacked to make sure an finish to the social gathering’s inside crises.
APC mentioned the Caretaker/Extraordinary Conference Planning Committee was constituted to place the platform again on monitor.
5. The federal authorities has disclosed that it spent N30.5billion on COVID-19 between 1st April, 2020 and thirty first July, 2020.
The Buhari administration said that this represents 84 % of the N36.3billon public funds and donations acquired, leaving the stability of N5.8billion.
6. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) on Sunday night time, introduced 100 new COVID-19 instances.
The brand new instances have been reported from 10 states – Lagos (39), FCT (22), Kaduna (19), Oyo (7), Ebonyi (6), Edo (3), Katsina (1), Ekiti (1), Bauchi (1), Nasarawa (1) bringing to to 55,0085 whole instances within the nation.
7. The Reverend Ezekiel Adeniran-led government caretaker committee of African Democratic Congress (ADC) in Oyo State has been dissolved.
A brand new set of State Govt Caretaker Committee has been inaugurated instantly after the previous caretaker committee was dissolved at a mini-congress held in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital.
8. Suspected hoodlums and land-grabbers invaded Isiu palace on Sunday in Ikorodu, Lagos State, in a failed try and abduct the newly-installed monarch following sporadic gunshots on the premises.
Report mentioned the hoodlums got here in dozens with harmful weapons earlier than the intervention of native vigilante teams that averted their evil plots and chased them away.
9. Three individuals have been confirmed useless in Ondo State following alleged publicity to poisonous waste.
The deceased have been suspected to have been killed by poisonous waste allegedly discharged right into a pit in Omotosho forest reserve by a Chinese language manufacturing firm (WeWood Firm) in Okitipupa Native Authorities Space of Ondo State.
10. The Educational Workers Union of Universities, ASUU, has flayed the Federal Authorities over the current improve within the pump value of Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, in any other case often called petrol in addition to the electrical energy tariff.
The Akure zone of ASUU, which frowned over the event after its zonal assembly on the Federal College of Know-how, Akure, FUTA, additionally condemned the proposed plans to re-open faculties.