Good morning! Right here is at present’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has endorsed Governor Rotimi Akeredolu for the Ondo State Governorship election slated for Oct. 10. The Nationwide Caretaker Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mai Mala Buni, confirmed the endorsement after he introduced the candidate to the president on the State Home on Friday in Abuja. Talking to State Home correspondents after the endorsement, Buni expressed optimism that the APC candidate would win the October governorship ballot in Ondo.
2. The Nigerian authorities on Friday stated it has acquired samples of Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine. Minister of Well being, Osagie Ehanire acquired the samples from the Russia Ambassador to Nigeria, Alexey Shebarshin, throughout a go to to the ministry in Abuja, on Friday. The ministry’s Director of Info, Media, and Public Relations, Olujimi Oyetomi disclosed this in an announcement.
3. Former Emir of Kano, Muhammed Sanusi, has insisted he has no plans to run for any political workplace within the nation. The previous Governor of the Central Financial institution of Nigeria (CBN), stated he was now not excited about politics. He disclosed that as an alternative of going into politics, he will likely be operating a fellowship programme at Oxford College in the UK as from October.
4. The English Court docket on Friday granted permission to Nigeria to argue the $9.6 billion arbitral award made in opposition to the federal authorities. Umar Gwandu, spokesman to the attorney-Normal of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, made this identified in an announcement. The courtroom allowed Nigeria to carry the problem outdoors the traditional cut-off dates, because of the proof introduced on fraud.
5. The board of the Federal Highway Security Corps, FRSC, has granted approval for the dismissal of 8 erring officers of the Corps in accordance with the provisions of its regulation on self-discipline. The Corps Public Schooling Officer (CPEO), ACM Bisi Kazeem, disclosed this in an announcement made accessible to newsmen on Friday in Abuja. Kazeem stated that the dismissal was a part of the efforts made to rid the FRSC of undisciplined and corrupt components.
6. After spending 4 days in kidnappers’ den, the Chief Medical Director of Normal Hospital, Idoani, Ondo State, Dr. Olufemi Adeogun, and two different victims on Thursday night time regained their freedom. The three medical employees who had been kidnapped by gunmen at Idoani in Ose Native Authorities Space of Ondo State had been freed following the cost of N4.5m ransom.
7. Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, has warned Nigerians in opposition to enjoyable within the commentary of needed protocols as COVID-19 instances proceed to drop. Ogunwusi advised State Home correspondents after a courtesy go to to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Friday. The monarch stated he was hopeful that COVID-19 pandemic will quickly finish and folks will return to regular lives and actions.
8. The Educational Employees Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) of Federal Polytechnic, Mubi has described its fast previous Rector, Dr Sadiq Yahya, as a tyrant, who must be prosecuted. The union members who gathered in a protest on the Yola campus of the establishment on Friday, additionally known as on the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC) to analyze Dr. Sadiq for gross misconducts whereas in workplace.
9. Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi, has confirmed he’s staying on the membership for the 2020/2021 season. Based on him, he has taken the choice to keep away from a authorized conflict.
This comes after days of intense hypothesis, triggered by the 33-year-old’s fax to the membership, asking for his contract to be terminated.
10. The Kogi State Authorities on Friday sealed off all of the Union Financial institution of Nigeria (UBN) branches within the state. The federal government stated the motion was in keeping with a Court docket judgment obtained from the State Excessive Court docket. The Director, Authorized Companies, Kogi State Inner Income Service, KGIRS, Barrister Isa Jamil on Friday, defined that the Kogi State Inner Income Service made the transfer as a result of the financial institution defaulted within the cost of tax legal responsibility owed the state authorities.