Good morning! Right here is right now’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The governorship election in Edo State was performed yesterday by the Unbiased Nationwide Electoral Fee, INEC, amid declare of rigging violence and poll snatching by each main contending events – the Peoples Democratic Social gathering and the All Progressives Congress.
Outcomes are starting to trickle in from polling centres throughout the State. Gov, Godwin Obaseki is forward of APC candidate, Pastor Ize-Iyamu.
2. Professional-Democracy and Human Rights group, Involved Nigerians, has referred to as on the EU, US and UK to reject alleged plans to compromise the outcomes of Edo governorship election.
The Convener of the rights group, Deji Adeyanju, in an announcement made obtainable to journalists stated there are ongoing plans by some political actors to alter the outcomes of Edo North.
3. The Unbiased Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC) has stated the delay within the receipt of collated outcomes of the governorship election from native authorities areas in Edo is liable for the delay on the collation on the state degree.
INEC Nationwide Commissioner Could Agbamuche-Mbu on Sunday in Benin talking to newsmen and occasion brokers on the state collation centre, INEC headquarters, Benin, stated that outcomes had been nonetheless being anticipated from the 18 native authorities areas of the state.
4. Former governor, Peter Obi has warned the folks of Edo state to be vigilant to as outcomes trickle in.
Obi appealed to Edo folks to defy all odd and make sure the ballots are collated adequately.
5. The Unbiased Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC) has reacted to allegations by the Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP) that the All Progressives Congress (APC) are planning to change the outcomes of the governorship election in Edo North.
Festus Okoye, INEC Nationwide Commissioner and Chairman, Data and Voter Schooling Committee, advised newsmen that INEC is following by way of its processes and procedures for a profitable and credible election.
6. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) has introduced 189 new circumstances of COVID-19 infections within the nation, bringing the overall variety of confirmed circumstances to 57,145.
The company acknowledged that the 189 new infections had been reported from 15 states of the federation.
7. The Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP) has accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) of mounting stress on the Unbiased Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC) to change the outcomes of the governorship election in varied elements of Edo State in favour of the APC.
In an announcement, Kola Ologbondiyan, Nationwide Publicity Secretary of the occasion, famous: “We’ve got been knowledgeable that the INEC Chairman has come underneath intense stress from the APC to permit the substitute of outcomes declared within the riverine areas of Edo State in an effort to jerk up figures for the APC.
8. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and the Chairman of the PDP Nationwide Marketing campaign Council for the Edo Governorship election has warned the Unbiased Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC) towards declaring Saturday’s election inconclusive.
Wike, who applauded INEC and the safety businesses, stated he’s nonetheless apprehensive regardless of no report of violence to this point.
9. Atiku Abubakar, a former presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Social gathering, PDP, has appealed to Edo folks to guard their votes.
Atiku advised the folks to not loosen up on vigilance.
10. Lagos Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has authorized the total reopening of worship centres within the state.
Sanwo-Olu, who made the announcement at a briefing in Lagos on Saturday, stated Mosques can now maintain their prayers 5 instances every day whereas church buildings may also start weekly companies.