Good morning! Right here is right this moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Senior Pastor of Dunamis Worldwide Gospel Centre, Dr. Paul Enenche, has disclosed the actual cause for the continuing protest by Nigerian youths.
Enenche attributed the continuing protest by Nigerian youths to the loud impunity, nepotism, tribalism, oppression and subjugation throughout Nigeria.
2. Abia State Authorities has warned opposition politicians within the state to keep away from the continuing peaceable protests by Nigerian youths beneath the auspices of Finish SARS to keep away from pointless violence or lack of life, as such might be hijacked by hoodlums to unleash mayhem on harmless residents.
The State Commissioner for Info, Chief John Okiyi Kalu, who issued the warning whereas addressing newsmen in Umuahia throughout the weekend, assured that the State Authorities was absolutely in help of younger Nigerians expressing their views by way of peaceable protests.
He added that “Abia State Authorities has uncovered plots hatched by a sure politician within the state to hijack the peaceable agitation of #EndSARS protesters and switch it right into a political software to aim to get what he couldn’t get utilizing the constitutional signifies that the poll field is”.
3. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) has confirmed 113 new instances of COVID-19 within the nation.
The NCDC in a tweet by way of its Twitter account on Saturday night time mentioned a complete of 14 States recorded new infections within the nation within the final 24 hours.
4. Femi Fani-Kayode, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Occasion, PDP, and a social commentator, has warned towards any plan by President Muhammadu Buhari and the Chief of Military Employees, Tukur Buratai to crush Finish SARS protesters with navy drive.
The previous Minister of Aviation warned that it will be disastrous to kill the protesting youth the identical approach members of the Indigenous Folks of Biafra, IPOB, and Islamic Motion in Nigeria, IMN, had been killed.
5. Property price hundreds of thousands of naira was destroyed by inferno which hit two buildings across the Publish Workplace in Osogbo, Osun State.
It was gathered that the inferno began round 6:30 pm on Saturday.
6. Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano on Saturday visited the three places of work of the defunct Particular Anti-Theft Squad (SARS) in Ekwulobia, Neni and Awkuzu.
The governor throughout the go to granted bail unconditionally to a few detainees illegally held by the defunct unit.
7. The Nigeria Police have sanctioned 37 former members of the disbanded Particular Anti-Theft Squad (SARS).
The Police Service Fee (PSC) is predicted to order the prosecution of 24 different ex-SARS operatives for numerous acts of misconduct.
8. The Nigerian Military will start its navy train, Operation Crocodile Smile nationwide on October 20, 2020, within the midst of the continuing nationwide protests.
In a press assertion on Saturday, the Appearing Director Military Public Relations, Col. Sagir Musa, mentioned the annual train will maintain this 12 months from October 20 to December 31.
9. Suspected thugs attacked Governor Gboyega Oyetola whereas he was addressing protesters in Osogbo on Saturday.
It was gathered that Oyetola had walked together with some Finish SARS protesters from Oke-fia to hitch others at widespread Olaiya junction.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has been given two weeks to withdraw the nomination of his aide, Lauretta Onochie, as a Commissioner of the Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee, INEC, or be ready to defend it in court docket.
A senior lawyer and 2023 presidential hope, Olusegun Bamgbose, described the nomination as actually unlucky, including that some so-called leaders had misplaced contact with the beliefs of democracy and good governance.