Good morning! Right here is at the moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, has stated Al-Qaeda and Boko Haram are benefiting from poverty in North-East Nigeria to recruit new members.
Akufo-Addo, who said this on Monday, whereas on a working go to to the Financial Neighborhood of West African States (ECOWAS) Fee in Abuja, stated the insurgents had been additionally making inroads within the Lake Chad Basin, Mali and the Better Sahel.
2. The reelected Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, on Monday, stated the lions and tigers of the State have been caged.
Obaseki stated his victory on the Saturday’s governorship election was a sign that the tigers and the lions in Edo State politics have been completely caged.
3. An observer group within the simply concluded Edo State Governorship election, Intercontinental Management Initiative, has faulted the integrity of the Sept. 19 ballot.
Mr Stafford Bisong, the Nation Head of the organisation, who disclosed that he had his officers throughout the 18 Native Authorities Areas of Edo State through the election, famous that non-functional card readers used for the election throughout the State raised integrity points in regards to the ballot.
4. The nationwide physique of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has urged former Nationwide Chairman of the get together, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and different leaders in Edo State to congratulate winner of the Saturday’s governorship election within the state, Governor Godwin Obaseki.
The Chairman, APC Nationwide Caretaker Committee, Governor Mai Mala Buni, who stated this in an announcement in Abuja on Monday, saluted its candidate within the election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, for his tenacity and management.
5. No less than 1,100 COVID-19 associated deaths have now been recorded in Nigeria and 195 new circumstances within the nation.
In response to the Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC), the circumstances had been from 11 states: Enugu (51), Gombe (40), Lagos (39), Plateau (23), FCT (15), Rivers (12), Kaduna (8), Ondo (3), Bauchi (2), Edo (1) and Ogun (1).
6. The Federal Authorities has warned colleges to stick to measures put in place to forestall the additional unfold of COVID-19.
The Minister of Well being, Osagie Ehanire, who gave this warning through the Presidential Activity Power (PTF) briefing on Monday in Abuja, famous that 10 p.c of coronavirus circumstances within the nation are below 19 years previous.
7. The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has threatened to cease home flights within the nation.
In a letter addressed to native airways on Monday, NCAA stated it has noticed that some airways are breaching the protocol put in place to curb the unfold of COVID-19.
8. The Petroleum Merchandise Pricing Regulatory Company (PPPRA) has stated that the Federal Authorities has spent a complete of N8.94 trillion on oil subsidy between 2006 and 2015.
PPPRA in a doc on subsidy fee launched in Abuja on Monday, stated that the subsidy was paid to the Nigerian Nationwide Petroleum Company (NNPC) and oil entrepreneurs within the interval below overview.
9. A fifty-five-year-old Musa Mamman was killed whereas nineteen others had been injured in a farmers and herdsmen conflict at Madamuwa village in Guri Native Authorities Space of Jigawa.
The conflict occurred on the Sunday nineteenth September 2020 round 12:30pm at Madamuwa bush for allegedly grazing within the farmers’ lands.
10. The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State has advised the opposition political events within the State that the forthcoming October 20 governorship election is not going to be the identical because the final Saturday polls in Edo State.
The Ondo APC additionally stated it was filled with confidence that the election petition tribunal will sack Governor Godwin Obaseki and provides APC victory in Edo State, as a result of in response to it, Saturday’s election was marred by rigging .